Carbon neutral and installed in just ten minutes. The innovative design is revolutionising the drainage industry offering huge savings on programme and drastically reducing risk to workers.
The unique Kijlstra manhole system is a highly flexible modular design that allows for late design changes. Connections are made using flexible push-fit joints with no need for rocker pipes, allowing the complete manhole to be installed in just ten minutes. They’re not weather-dependent, there’s very little wastage and the carbon-neutral manufacturing
- Superior quality: Poured monolithic self-compacting concrete manufacture means no joints and a high quality finish across the whole system, not just the base units.
- Optimum safety on-site: All elements of the manhole system are fitted with four lifting pins for safer installation, and all manhole elements can be supplied with steps.
- Rapid Installation: The square, straight-surfaced design allows for economical manhole sizes and makes connecting pipes and appliances easier. The size options mean a 3.5m deep manhole can be constructed from just two elements with a rubber ring connection, cutting installation times even further.
- 100% water tight: Joints are tested up to 10m of water pressure, and pipe connections pre-assembled at factory to allow straight forward push fit connection on site.
- Choice of configurations: Kijlstra cover slabs have standard clear opening size but can be adopted to suit specific sizes, either centrally or eccentrically positioned. Standard push fit connections are available for twinwall, concrete, clay & pvc pipe types.
- Lighter and greener: Standard C40/50 self-compacting concrete optimises the raw materials and makes these around 20% lighter than traditional circular manholes. The manufacturing process reduces carbon emissions by over 65% over traditional methods, and carbon offsetting makes them totally carbon neutral.
- Angled option: While most manholes have a straight-through configuration, if necessary Kijlstra manhole systems can be fitted with angled units, in 5° steps up to 45°, made from concrete and fabricated to the manhole, for pipework 225mm diameter & above.
- A proven solution: The Kijlstra manhole system has a proven track record for sustainability and rapid, easy installation stretching back over 20 years.
Kijlstra pride themselves on the technical support that accompanies all of their product. A highly trained Kijlstra engineer is assigned to each project and works closely with the client to ensure the best possible delivery. This excellent service and high quality product allows for maximum project efficiency accompanied by cost savings.